A lot of people have been making a lot of noise about how Our Glorious President, Barack Hussein Obama, has failed to accomplish much of anything in his first term as President of the United States of America. I am going to buck the libertarian/independent trend here for a moment, and actually defend President Obama – he has accomplished all kinds of things.
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to issue an unlawful "recess-appointment" while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department).
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
And those are just the "high" points – the whole list contains 36 accomplishments that no other President before Barack can claim.
Once again, we got the government we deserved… and the government we wanted.
(Courtesy of Life in 3D.)