– Take an empty two liter bottle, fill it with water, and screw the cap on tightly.
– Use one arm to hold it out at shoulder height with full extension, palm down.
– Let go of it.
– Now catch it before it goes more than a few inches (or hits the floor, in my case).
– Repeat nine more times.
– Switch hands, and do it another ten times.
– Go back to your first hand, and release-and-catch the bottle as quickly as you can, three times in a row. Do this ten times.
– Repeat for your other hand.
– If your arms and shoulders are not killing you yet, do it all over again.
– For bonus
pain joy, try squeezing the gos-se out of the bottle every time you catch it, like you are trying to break it.
Kung-fu is kicking my ass in ways I did not even know it could be kicked (primarily through the means of “low stances”… the insides of my thighs my never forgive me), but this happy-fun exercise is definitely one of the Devil’s own creations. The good news is that this training will be just as useful on the competitive shooting field as it will be on the mat…