Well, she was in court yesterday. Nothing happened since she didn’t plead guilty, so her preliminary hearing was moved to Oct 13. The interesting thing was that The Tennessean has acquired video of the incident and posted it. It’s a little under 5 minutes, and since there is no audio they sped up the playback speed.
Things of note:
- I count at least three Airport cops
- I count two TSA Agents and one guy wearing suit who appears to be a manager
- When Mrs. Abbott tries to record the groping, the very large cop stands in front of her to prevent her from recording it
- At no point does the diminuitive Mrs. Abbot appear physically threatening to anyone (The female TSA agent probably has 60lbs on Mrs. Abott, plus the four other government agents standing within three feet)
- Whatever triggered the arrest must’ve been verbal, because it’s unclear from the video why officers suddenly handcuffed her.
In a perfect world, the charges would be dropped, the airport would apologize, and the officers involved would lose their jobs.
I’ll settle for an acquittal, though.